Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Essence Longlasting Lipsticks

Hey Guys! Ive decided to slowly but surely get back into blogging. I've just had the urge to write lately, and writing about makeup is super fun...so here we go!
Recently at Ulta, I've noticed the brand Essence has had some new products "weave" into their display. Therefore my makeup loving butt had to stop and check it out! Im super glad I did!
I decided to  pick up these "Longlasting" Lipsticks, which retail for $2.99 a piece. Super affordable if you ask me! I picked up four out of ten shades...swatches of each are below.


Here is the packaging of these lipsticks. Nothing too fancy, just a stander black plastic packaging with a ring of the lipstick shade around the center. The bottom of the lipsticks do state the name, shade number, and colored sticker. There is the Essence "logo" on the top of the lipstick as well. 


As you can see, the lipsticks do have the Essence "logo" on the face of the lipstick. I really like how the shades of lipstick match the rings around the packaging fairly well. I find it super easy to find  what shade I'm looking for when looking through my collection.
 Here is shade #11 "Nude Love"
This is the lightest shade in the collection. Its a nude with a slight pink in it. Not my favorite. However, I'm not a nude lover. This shade is very opaque and creamy. It slides on really nicely. No complaints other that the color not being my favorite!

Here is shade #10 "Cotton Candy"
This shade is a bright bubblegum pink! I love it. Not the most opaque pink out there, but its super nice and creamy!

 Here is shade #7 "Natural Beauty"
This is my favorite out of the four lippies that I picked up. Its a blue toned pink (camera doesn't show exact color) which some of you may know, is my favorite types of lipsticks. I think this shade goes well with my skin tone. Anybody with a "tannish" completion could really rock this, however I'm sure anyone could honestly rock this haha.


 Last but not least here is shade #04 "On the Catwalk"
All I can say about this is that its a perfect fall color. The camera is showing this as a "orangey" tint, but its definitely more of a mauve pink. As you can see, these lipsticks are not the most opaque thing out there. They are definitely buildable, yet you can wear them sheer. For $2.99 , they are AMAZING quality and definitely worth it!
All in all, these are awesome lipsticks. Id make sure to pick up at least one or two if your looking for something new. I haven't been able to test out the "long-lasting" aspect yet, however I have a feeling they are not going to be too long lasting. They are a bit to creamy to have that long lasting feel. They are still amazing quality for the price and would recommend them to any lipstick lover out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment